At Myers Electric & Automation Inc., safety is embedded in our culture, and is not just something we talk about; it’s something that we live. The objective of our Safe Work Practices and health program is to reduce the number of injuries and illnesses to an absolute minimum, not merely in keeping with, but surpassing, the best experiences of other operations like ours.
We are committed to providing outstanding electrical installations, and bringing safety, quality and productivity into each job to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. All work that we perform always adheres to the state codes and guidelines, as well as complies with strict safety standards we have established within our company. We have a long-proven track record of safe work practices and have passed a rigorous safety program compliance reviews.
Safety requires planning to be made part of day-to-day operations. We recognize that the responsibilities for safety and health are shared between all our team members regardless of the nature of their duties. We always encourage our team to work in a safety-conscious way and encourage their fellow workers to do the same, so that we will all have a safer, more efficient workplace.
· All our Team members are trained and proficient in our Safe Work Practices, policies, and operating rules..
· All our journeymen and apprentices have been trained in the NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®.
· All team members are provided with regular and ongoing safety training which is re-emphasized at toolbox meetings and in day-to-day contacts.
· All our journeymen and apprentices are trained in first aid and CPR certified.
· All our team members always wear/use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the task at hand.
· All our journeymen and apprentices wear ARC flash clothing.
· All our journeymen and apprentices must be able to pass an extensive background check and maintain a current Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC®) card.
· All our journeymen and apprentices must adhere to DOT compliant alcohol and drug policy and Random Substance Abuse Testing.